Well...I think it's safe to say that this year has been one of the most stressful for me. My full time (teaching) job was chaotic and stressful and I felt that I couldn't give or get 100% from myself or my students.
Needless to say, when summer vacay rolled around, I was dancing out the door! (Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I needed a BREAK). However, I was slammed with graduation parties, weddings, and travel plans. I was exhausted and stressed. And yet here I was, on vacation! After feeling like I hit a speed bump going 100mph, I decided (or life decided for me) that I needed to take a mental break. I need to breathe and relax. I needed to find balance within myself.
CLEARING MY HEAD
- Take time for myself and do things I want to do, like going to the beach or the lake
- Curling up on my couch and reading a good book that I can get so lost in
- Catch up with my friends, have a girls day, spend the day with Scotty
- Going to the gym and working out
- Getting back into Pilates and hiking
- Spending time with my parents and floating around their pool
- Deciding on the path I wanted Born Sassy and Chic to go on
CLEARING MY HOME
- I have this thing where I can't focus on ANYTHING if the apartment is messy. I need things to be in their proper places and organized nicely otherwise I go nuts!
- Clean My Closet - I have a huge closet and when it isn't organized (like the apartment) I feel out of sorts. I also had clothes to donate/sell so I organized those into piles. Definitely a gratifying feeling...
- Organize My Vanity - I would spend SO MUCH time looking for things that I was always late. Organize them and keep them clean.
- Make My Bed - There's just something about getting into a bed that's made. (Plus, it looks so much nicer than a messy, unmade bed!)
- Improving My Workspace - Since I'm on summer vacation, the only workspace is my blog. But, if you've noticed, I have revamped my site and logo. I needed a fresh start and felt it was the perfect time!
If you're reading this post and realize you're running on empty, use this post as a guide to help you declutter and find the balance in your life that you need.
Comment below on things you find helpful when decluttering. I'd love to hear from you!!